Something more...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Mummy Cakes

It is Sunday night and I wanted to show you my final Halloween project of the year.

Right now I am sporting a splitting migraine and I have a 7:30 meeting in the morning. Then off to work, 90- 5th graders on Halloween Day...Scary!  Then dinner and off to trick-or-treat.  Whew!
Ok enough of that... Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Real Quick... I wanted to make Mummy Cakes for my son's first grade class.  It is soooo simple.
Twinkies (The number you want. I made 22.)
White Frosting
Cake decorating flat tip and bag
Wilton cake frosting in "glue like" squeeze bottle (or you can use mini chocolate chips) I already had the frosting so I used it this time.
That's all folks!

1.Place Twinkies on a serving tray
2.Pack the Frosting in the frosting bag with the flat tip. Squeeze to remove air.
3.Cover the twinkles with the white frosting, using a sweeping left to right motion.
4. Apply black icing or chocolate chips to form two eyes.
5. Refrigerate

Here are the pictures.  They are so cute.  The students are gonna love them!
The last picture is myself and my husband dressed in our costumes.  We are Nerdy Disneyland Tourists!



 


Here is a close up of one of the Mummies!


Here are the mummies all laid out for burial. HAHA!



YES!  Nerdy Disneyland Tourists
We fit the part perfectly!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment